Objectives and MBDA Goals
- Defeat chain stores’ efforts to enact bill creating “food service licenses” for supermarkets and conveniencestores that would allow them to sell beer exclusively for take-out in any package size of 6 packs or more, alongside other items carried by these stores, and paid for at the same register alongside thoseitems.
- Allow beer distributors to sell packages of 22 ozs. or more to consumers.
- Continue to protect our three-tier system.
- Continue to preserve our Quota Law and Residency Requirement Law.
- Continue to defeat all legislation that would unreasonably restrict a distributor’s sales and/or hinder your right to earn a living. They include: Food service licenses for supermarkets and convenience stores to sell beer. State and local governments increasing and/or imposing new taxes on distributors. Forcing distributors to take back empties from consumers. Placing additional restrictions on beer advertising. Requiring distributors to register kegs. Permitting interstate alcohol sales